Pre-Op InstructionsBefore Your Surgery or Procedure
Before Your Surgery or Procedure
Sometime before your procedure date, a staff member from this facility will attempt to call you to confirm your appointment time. If you can’t be reached by phone, please be sure to call the center no later than the day before surgery.They will also ask you questions regarding current or past medical conditions, allergies and medications you are taking. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have and be sure to let the staff know of any special needs.
- Your doctor or the facility’s nurse will instruct you as to what time you are to stop eating and drinking prior to your procedure.
- If you take medication for any condition, ask your doctor and/or the facility’s nurse whether or not to take it the day of your procedure.
- For women, if there is any possibility you are pregnant, please notify your doctor and the facility’s nurse.
- Leave all valuables at home, including watches, rings, jewelry and wallets.
- Notify your physician of any change in your health, such as a cold, fever or sore throat.
- For your safety, please arrange for an adult to drive you home afterwards. You will not be allowed to drive yourself home.
Day of Your Surgery or Procedure
- Arrive promptly at the scheduled time. This will allow adequate time for all necessary admission procedures.
- Please bring your insurance with photo ID or driver’s license. If special financial arrangements are necessary, please call the facility prior to admission.
- Be sure to bring any paperwork your doctor gave you, such as test results or your medical history, and a list of medications you are taking.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing.
- Upon arrival, you will change into a gown and slippers which we provide. You will be asked to remove all jewelry, contact lenses, dentures and any prosthesis.